Monday 12 January 2015

|A Carrot and Feta start|



Strange combination don't you think? Thats what I thought too when I saw this recipe for a 'Whipped Feta and Carrot Pesto' on the Lady and Pups blog. I have recently found this food blog. 
I am hooked. 

It is so much fun and it all looks incredible and not too daunting to make, however, I haven't got round to making much of it. Half of the ingredients are pretty foreign to me and I would have no idea where to find most of them. Luckily for me though, this particular recipe required nothing I didn't already have in my cupboard. All that was needed was a shit load of carrots. 

Now, as the self-appointed foodie in my family, I took it upon myself to take on the mountainous task of catering for my not-so-large family on Christmas day. 10 people. Not too bad right? Well it wouldn't have been if I wasn't such a perfectionist. And if Christmas wasn't such a big deal. Nothing could go wrong! The fate of Christmas day lay on my shoulders... Okay, thats a bit dramatic, but what is Christmas without a beautifully sticky glazed gammon, mounds of over the top food, some sweet, sweet bubbles that make you tipsy all too quickly, family, laughter... and this feta and carrot pesto? Nothing. It needed to be perfect.




If I do say so myself, it all went down pretty swimmingly (an apt adjective as most of the day was spent lounging in the pool cause it was a scorching hot 45 degrees Celsius). The 5 hours spent around the christmas table left me rolling around and in dire need of 'fat' pants, fit with stretchy everything. You know how a python stuffs its face in one meal and then can't eat for like a month? That was me... except my hunger returned with a vengeance the next morning. 

Now, onto my starter. It was definitely the star of the meal. Most people remember how a meal ends, the all important desert, however, by the time that part of the meal came a few too many bottles of bubbly had been popped, leaving dessert feeling a little left out. But the starters. My oh my did they go down well. Thanks Lady and Pups! The creamy, tangy-ness of the feta, whipped into an almost mousse-like consistency pairs remarkably well with the carrot pesto, which tastes only slightly like carrot. The brightness and sweetness of the carrot pesto is something you won't easily forget. Don't hate it until you try it. My mom took a lot of convincing on this one and I'm glad to say that even the avid carrot hater loved it! #winning


Try it, promise you won't regret it. 

Whipped Feta and Carrot pesto

Recipe can be found here



No comments:

Post a Comment